Thank you for your interest in sponsoring the NAPABA 2018 Northeast Regional Conference. As a Sponsor, you will be featured prominently before an audience that will include General Counsel and in-house counsel from Fortune 500 companies, partners of prominent national and local law firms, judges, and law professors. You’ll also be supporting NAPABA’s and CAPABA’s mission of fostering diversity in the legal profession. We offer many Sponsorship opportunities.
To learn more about sponsoring the NAPABA 2018 Northeast Regional Conference, please download this packet:
NAPABA 2018 Northeast Regional Conference
The Connecticut Asian Pacific American Bar Association (CAPABA) is pleased to host the NAPABA 2018 Northeast Regional Conference on Friday June 8th to Sunday June 10th at the Mohegan Sun Convention Center in Uncasville, Connecticut.
The Northeast Regional Conference brings together Asian Pacific American attorneys, law students and individuals interested in Asian Pacific American legal issues throughout the Northeast Region and other regions in the United States. Conference attendees participate in Continuing Legal Education (CLE) programs, which in the past have addressed recent developments in a variety of practice areas including litigation, alternative dispute resolution intellectual property, labor and employment law and civil rights. Additionally, the Conference features luncheon and banquet dinner keynote speakers. The 2018 Conference theme is, “Cultivate. Collaborate. Change.”
We expect over 200 people to attend the Conference from NAPABA’s Northeast Region, which covers 10 states: Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and Vermont, the province of Ontario, Canada. The region also includes, in addition to CAPABA, the following NAPABA affiliates: Asian American Lawyers Association of Massachusetts (AALAM); Asian Pacific American Lawyers Association of New Jersey (APALA-NJ); Asian American Bar Association of Greater New York (AABANY); Asian American Bar Association of the Delaware Valley (APABA-PA), and the Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers (FACL).
- Cultivate relationships with over 200 attendees from the Northeast region and further afield
- Update your knowledge of changing legal trends by attending CLE panels
- Promote your personal brand in the APA legal community
- Support diversity and inclusion in the legal profession
- Collaborate with other organizations and attorneys
- Publicize your organization by sponsoring a Conference event or hosting your own reception and/or dinner. Click here to see the schedule for the Conference.
Northeast Regional Conference Sponsorship Committee Members
- Joe Khanna, Mastercard
- Ed Lee, Aetna
- Sandra Lalli, Diageo
- An-Ping Hsieh, Hubbell
- Cecilia Stiber, Pitney Bowes
- Susan Kirkeby, Allied World Ins. Co.
- Michelle Querijero, Allied World Ins. Co.
- Ingrid Festin, AppealTech
- Ling Ly, Travelers
Please contact Joe Khanna at email@example.com if you have any questions or require additional information about the sponsorship opportunities.
To sponsor the NAPABA 2018 Northeast Regional Conference, please download this form:
Mohegan Sun Convention Center
Mohegan Sun is perhaps best known for its casino and resort, which we expect will draw an unprecedented number of attendees to the Conference. Additionally, Mohegan Sun’s Convention Center, located in a central but discrete location, is also well-equipped to host engaging programs and foster meaningful networking. CLE panels will be held in meeting rooms on the upper level, and a short escalator will lead attendees to the lower level to the sponsor tables, as well as the ballroom for the lunch and dinner programs. Amenities include free wifi throughout and free valet parking. For more information on the venue, please visit https://mohegansun.com/.
More About Us
The National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA) is the national association of Asian Pacific American attorneys, judges, law professors, and law students. NAPABA represents the interests of over 50,000 attorneys and 81 national, state, and local Asian Pacific American bar associations across the United States and Canada. Its members include solo practitioners, large firm lawyers, corporate counsel, legal services and non-profit attorneys, and lawyers serving at all levels of government.
Since its formation in 1988, NAPABA has been a leader in addressing civil rights issues confronting Asian Pacific American communities. Through its national network of committees, networks and affiliates, NAPABA engages in legislative and policy advocacy, promotes Asian Pacific American political leadership and political appointments, and builds coalitions within the legal profession and the community at large. NAPABA also serves as a resource for government agencies, members of Congress, and public service organizations about APAs in the legal profession, civil rights, and diversity in the courts.
The Connecticut Asian Pacific American Bar Association (CAPABA) is a non-profit professional association and is an affiliate of the NAPABA. CAPABA is the only association geared towards Asian Pacific American attorneys in Connecticut. Since its formation in 2000, its mission is to advocate and advance the interests of Asian Pacific American lawyers, the legal profession and Asian Pacific American communities throughout the State of Connecticut.
- President, Ling Drew Ly, Travelers
- President-elect, Prerna Rao, Rao Legal
- LLC Vice President, Anna Matsuo, Day Pitney LLP
- Treasurer, Michelle Querijero, Allied World Insurance Company
- VP of Communications, Wonchi Ju, Withersworldwide
- Secretary, Dan Brody, Robinson & Cole LLP
- Immediate Past President, Susan Kirkeby,Allied World Insurance Company
2017-18 Board of Directors
- Tanya A. Bovée, Jackson Lewis P.C.
- Jenny R. Chou, Wiggin and Dana LLP
- Proloy K. Das, Murtha Cullina LLP
- Angel Y. Feng, Mintz Levin Cohn Ferris Glovsky and Popeo, P.C.
- Ingrid C. Festin, AppealTech
- John S. Ho, Cozen O’Connor
- Daniel S. Jo, Silver Golub & Teitell LLP
- Joe Khanna, MasterCard Worldwide
- Hon. Hunchu Kwak, Connecticut Superior Court
- Edward C. Lee, Aetna
- Calvin K. Woo, Verrill Dana LLP