The Connecticut Asian Pacific American Bar Association (CAPABA) is the only association geared towards Asian Pacific American attorneys in Connecticut. CAPABA’s membership consists of attorneys, law professors, law students, and interested individuals. CAPABA was formed on May 1, 2000 as a 501(c)(6) organization.
CAPABA’s mission is to support Asian Pacific American attorneys and communities and those interested in Asian Pacific American legal issues throughout the state of Connecticut. To that end, we have established a Mentor Program to assist Asian Pacific American law students in Connecticut to become successful attorneys and an Asian Pacific American Legal Referral Service to encourage professional relationships among those attorneys. We also partner with local and national bar associations in sponsoring programs and conferences. CAPABA activities strive to:
- Represent and advocate the interests of Asian Pacific American lawyers, the legal profession, and Asian Pacific American communities;
- Encourage and promote the professional growth of Asian Pacific American lawyers, law students, and other members of the legal profession;
- Broaden professional and networking opportunities for Asian Pacific American members of the legal profession and law students;
- Support the entrance and advancement of Asian Pacific Americans in the legal profession;
- Coordinate legal services to Asian Pacific American communities within the state of Connecticut; and
- Provide a vehicle and forum for the unified expression of opinions and positions by legal professionals upon matters or events of concern to the legal community.
Membership in CAPABA automatically includes membership in the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA), an organization that is the voice of over 40,000 Asian Pacific American attorneys nationwide through over 45 chapters and affiliates. CAPABA is the Connecticut affiliate of NAPABA.
CAPABA is successful with the support of its members. You can support us by:
- Passing information about CAPABA along to attorneys, law clerks in your firm, and law students whom you think may have in interest in joining our membership. Click Here to register online.
- Letting us know whether your firm would be interested in participating in a CAPABA event or contributing $500.00 or more to become a Supporting Member of CAPABA. Click Here to contact us.